BGE STUDENT PLEDGE: (We will recite it each morning with our announcements)
I am in school to get an education.
I will listen, follow directions, and do my work.
I will be honest and do what is right.
I will treat others the way I want to be treated.
I will think about the feelings of others.
I came to school to learn, and I will learn.
By doing all of these things, I will be proud of myself,
and others will be proud of me too!
OUR CLASSROOM RULES
- Raise your hand to speak.
- Work quietly at your seat.
- Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Use kind words.
- Be helpful to your classmates.
- Keep your classroom nice and neat.
COLOR SYSTEM OF BEHAVIOR
In first grade we have a Colored Coded Behavior System. Each student begins the day on green. When a student does not fulfill his/her classroom responsibilities, he/she will be instructed to move down to the next color, and a consequence will be given. They also have the opportunity to move up for outstanding behavior. The color will be indicated in their agenda daily. The following is the color code system we use:
- Purple – Outstanding
- Pink – Having a GREAT day
- Blue – Having a GOOD day
- Green – Ready to Learn
- Yellow- Think about it (warning)
- Orange- Teacher’s Choice
- Red- Student will receive a note home, miss recess, have to talk to the principal.